No sound with Realtek

Reaction score
I got no sound for my computer with windows 7, I have tried to look for a Driver for it.

And sometimes people say that they're worked when they downloaded a windows Xp or Vista driver, but they never gave me a link to where i could download it, I've tried a couple of Vista drivers, but none of them worked so any help would be great.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Do you know which soundcard or motherboard you have? You'll need to know that to find the correct driver for your system. If you post the model here I'll have a look for you :)

Reaction score
My motherboard is "ATI IXP 450" and my sound card is built in the motherboard.

And thanks for trying to help me. :)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
The ATI IXP 450 is only the name of one of the chipset components and not the name of the motherboard, so it isn't possible to find the drivers from that. Do you have any more info on it (or the model/make of your PC?).

Reaction score
I have a Packard Bell computer, I tried to go to they're website, I entered my seriel number of my PC and then I was able to Download allot of drivers(Video,sound, network, etc.) I downloaded the sound but it didn't work.

And I couldn't find any mroe information about my motherboard (atleast nothing that I belive would help.)

Reaction score
I think I've found my motherboard's name:

Rio (GA-8TRC410MNF-RH) Motherboard
Name: Rio (GA-8TRC410MNF-RH)
Type: µATX motherboard
Manufacturer: GigaByte
24-01-2006

EDIT: I got the sound to work now, I downloaded the drivers from the Packard Bell website. (I have a Packard Bell pc)
But I had to Download the XP version, the Vista version didn't work. :p

And Thank you from trying to help me.

Last edited:

Ask a Question