No sound after upgrading from windows xp to windows 7

Reaction score
Hi, first of all i know there are other threads about a similar problem but none of them helped so I thought I would start a new thread to try and get some answers about my particular problem.
1st of all I was using windows xp pro sp3 and everything was working perfectly, I then purchased a genuine copy of windows 7 from amazon and installed it after it reported there would be no problems. When it installed everything worked perfectly except the sound, it says the sound is installed but infact its not working, I have no yellow exclamation marks in device manager and no matter what driver I go to install it still does not work. I have gone to my manufacturer's website and they dont even list my laptop and after sending them many emails they still refuse to get back to me. My system is:
Hi-Grade W310Di1
Intel Core 2 Duo CPU 1.86GHZ
160gb HDD
3GB DDR2

Any help would be appreciated as its now driving me mad!

Thank

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
From what I can find your laptop has a separate board for audio so Prestigio W310DI1 is not enough info, at least for me.

EDIT: Apparently Prestigio 350 is the make/model but all I see is drivers for XP & 2000 HERE

You might try the Ask our Question option on their website.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I think win7 sound drivers r working on more than 1gb of ram and chipset drivers r installed correcteely after reboot ur system.

Ask a Question