SOLVED "No device drivers were found. Make sure that the installation media contains the..."

Reaction score
I've got this error. I'm unable to put the operating system onto a DVD at the moment. I put it on my micro SD but it wouldn't boot from it. I just had a black screen with the flickering line.

I'm trying to install Windows 7 Professional over Windows Vista Home Premium. 32 bits.

Any suggestions?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Never done it that way but this may help ...
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/dd535816.aspx

Just FYI, there is no direct upgrade option from Vista Home Prem to W7 Pro so when you say install it over ... you will literally be formatting and starting fresh so you should use WET (Windows Easy Transfer) to back-up all your settings and data to an external device and then reinstall them into the fresh copy of W7 Pro. I would also recommend you consider the 64-bit W7 unless you have a good reason not too (there is no direct upgrade path from 32 to 64 bit either but since this is ruled out anyway going from HP to Pro you might consider it)

Reaction score
Thanks.
Just FYI, there is no direct upgrade option from Vista Home Prem to W7 Pro so when you say install it over ... you will literally be formatting and starting fresh so you should use WET (Windows Easy Transfer) to back-up all your settings and data to an external device and then reinstall them into the fresh copy of W7 Pro.
I know, I did all that (but backed it onto my 1.5TB PC).

I would also recommend you consider the 64-bit W7 unless you have a good reason not too (there is no direct upgrade path from 32 to 64 bit either but since this is ruled out anyway going from HP to Pro you might consider it)
I've got a Fujitsu Siemens Esprimo Mobile V5535, it's only had 32 bit operating systems. How do I know it can handle 64 operating systems?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
If you tun on all your printers etc and the run upgrade advisor it will tell you if you can run 64bit and other potential issues such as old software which may have issues, etc.

You did not specify how much RAM you have, if you have less than 2GB then 32-bit is recommended even if your CPU supports 64-bit processing (but again the advisor will tell you that, too)

Reaction score
Problem solved. I put a Windows Vista Ultimate DVD in the laptop (because I legitimately have all the software in the world besides Windows 7 Ultimate), then after I fully installed that I was able to install Win7 Pro from my "D:" partition.

I don't know if I have access to Win7 64, but I'll check it out. Thanks.^^

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Glad you got it working. I will mark this solved.

Ask a Question