No device drivers found

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Support' started by oddkaos, Jul 10, 2010.

1. oddkaos

oddkaos

Today i bought the Windows 7 Home Premium Upgrade Version. I tried to custom install (i want to restart) the 32 bit version since i am running Vista 32bit service pack 2. I spent a combined total of an hour with customer services from both microsoft and dell (microsoft refered me to dell). I checked my bios settings with the microsoft employee and RAID is not the issue. Dell tried to make me pay $289 for further support.

I get an error in the install " "No device drivers found. Make sure the installation media contains the correct drivers then click OK." If anyone knows how to fix this problem or thinks they can help me, please respond.

System Specs:
    Model: Dell Inspiron 530 (desktop)
    Motherboard: Dell 0RY007

If you need more please let me know.

Thanks in advance.
    oddkaos, Jul 10, 2010
    1. Advertising

2. oddkaos

Nibiru2012 Quick Scotty, beam me up! Moderator

Set your DVD to be the first boot device in the BIOS and put your install DVD in the drive. Reboot the system, you may see a prompt stating: "Press any key to boot from CD/DVD Drive." Do that within 5 seconds and the install should begin. Tell us exactly what you doing and where this error message is appearing, Thanks! BTW, Welcome to the Windows 7 Forums website!
    Nibiru2012, Jul 10, 2010
    1. Advertising

3. oddkaos

oddkaos

so how do i find that in BIOS?

this is exactly what im doing:
    I open the windows 7 dvd and hit setup.exe A blue window comes up that says install now i hit install now. Setup is copying temporary files..Setup is starting.. two options go online and get latest updates for installation (i hit this) or do not get updates. Installing updates.. Please read the liscense and terms.. next.. what kind of installation do you want? Upgrade or Custom, i hit custom.. Where do you want to install windows? (refresh list or load drivers) i hit load drivers.. "To install the device driver needed to access your hard drive, insert the installation media containing the driver files then click OK. Note: The installation media could be a floppy disk, CD, DVD, or USB flash drive." [Browse] [OK] [Cancel] i hit OK. Then it performs a search and says " No device drivers were found. Make sure the installation media contains the correct drivers then click OK." and i cant move any farther in the installation.
    Thanks for the reply.
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2010
    oddkaos, Jul 10, 2010
    JamInciong likes this.
  4. oddkaos

oddkaos

Thank you, right now my computer is installing windows, i went into the BIOS and changed First Boot to CDROM and now its installing fine :D
    oddkaos, Jul 10, 2010
  5. oddkaos

ThankYouNibiru2012

Thank You Nibiru2012 !

Try what he said , it works for this problem !
    ThankYouNibiru2012, Jan 5, 2013
    1. Advertising