NextEngine SD 3D Scanner

Reaction score
Hi All, hopefully someone can help.

I have a NextEngine 3D scanner which will not connect to my PC which has Windows 7 64 on it. The manufacturer says to run the Scanstudio software in XP SP3 compatability mode.

I have done this but I get an error message regarding the driver and it will not connect.

Any suggestions?

Thank you

Reaction score
https://www.nextengine.com/indexFla...h?q=nextengine+3d+scanner&form=OPRTSD&pc=OPER

The manufacturer says to run the Scanstudio software in XP SP3 compatibility mode.
Seems funny they would say that when their website shows support for Windows XP, Vista, and 7. The website even show how many 3D points are available based on 32-Bit/64-Bit, CPU, RAM, and Graphics.

They even show Windows XP 64-Bit and Windows 7 64-Bit as Recommended. I don't know if Compatibility Mode will help or not. I do find it funny that they would recommend a OS and then tell you to use a Compatibility Mode with an older OS.

Have you checked Device Manager to see if your Scanner was showing to be connected. If so does it have a yellow triangle symbol on the device listing for the scanner?

Reaction score
Sorry, I should have mentioned that mine is the SD version of the NextEngine, the HD version has different software and works with Windows 7 32 and 64

When I connect the USB windows informs me that it is installing drivers and then it is succesfully installed. When I launch the Scanstudio Core program it loads but is unable to connect to the scanner.

Have contacted NextEngine and they will get back to me. It was working fine before with my laptop running XP SP3, but my laptop has only 2gb RAM and this is the minimum required to run Scanstudio latest version and it does not run well at all.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Reaction score
I have managed to get my scanner working well on a 32 bit windows 7 setup with 4gb of RAM

Reaction score
I use mine for woodworking and 3d printing. I have access to a HP Design Jet and Denford router. Is yours the SD or HD version?

Reaction score
NextEngine 3D scanner

i have same problem.How to fix? please let me know. Thanks!

Hi All, hopefully someone can help.

I have a NextEngine 3D SD scanner which will not connect to my PC which has Windows 7 64 on it. The manufacturer says to run the Scanstudio software in XP SP3 compatability mode.

I have done this but I get an error message regarding the driver and it will not connect.

Any suggestions?

Thank you

Last edited:

Ask a Question