New W7Forums header

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Once the new orb is released as a PNG file I'll update the current logo to that one - the problem is I haven't found a high resolution one yet. If you find one, please do let me know :D

Reaction score
I wish I could have kept beta 7000's orb. I like it much better than the cucamonga nuclear holocaust lightshow of the current one.

BetaMan

Official G33k
Reaction score
I couldn't find a new logo so I took the liberty of totally redesigning it. Please, honestly tell me what you think. Hopefully, it'll make it to the top up there! :) Cheers! I think I could do better, but I need some thoughts and ideas, so this is goin' out raw. Happy criticizing!
Went on a wild goose chase trying to get it under 25 kb- lol!
w7forumsnewheader.jpeg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Happy criticizing!
Colorfull - I think it would look good on a kids site!!

Could you blend it to the bar on the right after all the header image is only in the top left and Im not sure how the red would look extended to the right side

BetaMan

Official G33k
Reaction score
Colorfull - I think it would look good on a kids site!!

Could you blend it to the bar on the right after all the header image is only in the top left and Im not sure how the red would look extended to the right side
Alright. It's pretty late over here so I'll do that tomorrow :). I'm in Oregon by the way.

Reaction score
i personally like the forum logo as it is, but if you do decide to change, make it fit into the windows 7 os, for example that betta fish microsoft added as a joke for the wallpaper, but obviously dont use that as a welcome screen lol

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I think the only change that I'll make to the logo for the time being is perhaps changing the Orb to the RC one (if it fits well anyway, once the PNG comes out). Any other change would just be too big to make, as the rest of the design depends on the header. :)

BetaMan

Official G33k
Reaction score
Hey clif, could you upload the new logo pic that you used? I think I might be able to pull a few strings for some higher quality.

Reaction score
Hey clif, could you upload the new logo pic that you used? I think I might be able to pull a few strings for some higher quality.
All I used was a screen capture of the Start button while moused over it - Then I had to enlarge to cover the orb on the original header

Thats why its so blurry - If I could make the start button bigger I could have dont better

Reaction score
It was a simple crop and then paste to the header using color blending effects
Its an old program Im using - I never really migrated to the bigger and better picture progams

Reaction score
I might should say it was easier when I set the desktop color close to the color of Header bar
That way its easier to paste and color match

BetaMan

Official G33k
Reaction score
Hooray for the blur/sharpen tool!
It's a bit blurry but maybe I could fix it up later. I've now got the whole weekend so :).

Attachments

Reaction score
Here ya go BetaMan:) - I decided to make my own png;) - It looks better than what I did previously - But not perfect:(

W7F-header4.jpg

W7-Orb7.png

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Looks good Clifford! Did you find an orb PNG file or did you make it youself? :)

Ask a Question