New PC, NO keyboard/mouse support!

Reaction score
A friend of mine just bought a new PC few days ago, had it all hooked up/built by a technician in-store, but has now found that he has no mouse/keyboard support.

Hes tried USB and PS/2 hardware and still nothing. He hasnt got an OS installed of course, and cant troubleshoot either. I have no idea why it wouldnt work other than perhaps a BIOS problem or a mobo problem, anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Reaction score
A friend of mine just bought a new PC few days ago, had it all hooked up/built by a technician in-store, but has now found that he has no mouse/keyboard support.
I think he needs to talk to the technician again. The technician would better serve him than those of us not familiar with the computer.

Reaction score
Have a look in BIOS for a setting something like "USB keyboard support" and "USB mouse support" make sure they are both marked as "yes". That might solve the issue.

Reaction score
He cant get to bios settings without a working keyboard

Reaction score
Hi faun

If it is a BIOS issue, a BIOS reset from the motherboard switches if available may be of help.

Reaction score
Hi faun

If it is a BIOS issue, a BIOS reset from the motherboard switches if available may be of help.

hoho sweet, ill give it a shot now. thanks

--
hmm. had a look at hte manual and there isnt any bios reset, however there is a clear CMOS which i believe might help. Problem there is that there the "clear CMOS switch" is written in the manual and on the mobo, there appears to be more cuircit board as opposed to an actual switch. a little out of my depth here.

it should also be noted that the "technician" i was told that helped setup the rig was infact, not a technician and simply a friend who knew something about something. and has no idea how to help the current situation.

Last edited:
Reaction score
There should be 3 pins right next to each other and a jumper over two of them. Just move the jumper so it covers the other pin and the one in the middle.

Kalario

Aquarius
Reaction score
it should also be noted that the "technician" i was told that helped setup the rig was infact, not a technician and simply a friend who knew something about something. and has no idea how to help the current situation.
That wasn't a good idea. Now, was it?

Ask a Question