Network Connections

Reaction score
Win7 is new at our facility.

I figured out how to disable a network connection. Now I can't find it to enable that network connection. Where do I go to enable that connection?

I am so used to finding things in XP Pro. I'm sure you read that all the time.

Reaction score
Is this a wired or wireless connection? Go to control panel > network and internet > Network and sharing center > then on the left side click change adapter settings. There you will find your wireless/wired connections. Then highlight and right click and enable/disable.

Ace

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
How did you disable it? through the network and connection properties or drive manager?

I would suggest drive manager if you know which drive you are to disable/enable, and also that you make sure that you disable/enable it, and not use the "uninstall" option.

If it was a wireless connection, then you would reconnect by going into the network and sharing center, and clicking the "connect or disconnect" link below the network diagram at the top. Otherwise, it's also in your system tray.

Otherwise open your start menu, type in "ncpa.cpl" and hit enter. This will bring up a bunch of local connection networks, in which you can enable or disable.

cpl is just a control panel location identifier, meaning if you look through your control panel in the "Networks" area you can also get to this location. Unless you already have the link for "Networks" visible in your start menu.

Last edited:
Reaction score
It is the hardwired connection on a laptop. Thanks. We also have 60 new Win7 PCs in computer labs. Thanks again.

Ask a Question