My computer crashes when watching Netflix, Youtube, and in Word

Reaction score
Hi!

I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium on my HP Pavillion laptop. It crashes whenever I watch Netflix or Youtube, and has crashed a couple of times when I'm in Word too.

It crashed to a blue screen that says DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and it also says STOP:0x000000D1

Also, it says something about athrx.sys - Address FFFFF880042E6616 base at FFFFF88004243000, Datestamp 4acea2b7

Can y'all please help me? This is my only computer and I'm a broke college student who seriously just used up all my money to fix my car and I have a dollar left in my account. Please help me out here!

Reaction score
How do I figure out which one of those my computer needs? There's a whole list and it's gibberish to me...

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Go to Control Panel > Device Manager, click to expand network adapters and take a screenshot. Post it here.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Once you download the zip file, create a folder called AR5009 and extract all the files from win7-10.0.0.288-whql.zip into AR5009. Then go to folder AR5009 and right-click on file netathrx.inf and choose install.

Note: That is for 64-bit, if you only have 32-bit W7 then right-click on netathr.inf and install that instead.

Ask a Question