Multiple BSOD on new HP laptop

Reaction score
I've had a bsod happen a few times on my new HP laptop. It is running 7 64 bit , has an i5 and 8GB of RAM, it is not the factory install of the OS but a clean install that I did. I included a zip file with the 6 dmp files I have.

Attachments

Shintaro

Reaction score
Welcome to the W7Forums.

If you don't mind me asking, why would you not leave the factory install on?

Anyway you need to ensure that you have installed ALL the drivers for the laptop. Those drivers are on the HP website.

Let us know how you go.

Reaction score
I prefer having a clean install which is the reason I went that route. I have done several Windows 7 installations on many different models of laptops and have never seen this happen before. I did download and install all the drivers for the laptop from the HP website. When I go in to device manager, everything shows as having a driver installed.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I can totally understand wanting a fresh install to make sure you don't have all that trial software and accompanying registry settings and appdata folders that don't go away even if you uninstall. Or if you wanted to go back to W7 from W8. But it can result in missing drivers and/or software for touchpads, special function keys, onscreen displays, etc.

If it is a new laptop, did it come with W8 preinstalled or W7? If it is a new model and came with Windows 8 then it is possible HP never created Windows 7 drivers. What is the make/model of computer?

It's also possible there was a BIOS update to handle issues. Did you check HP's site for the BIOS?

Reaction score
It came with W7 preinstalled. It's a Probook. Model is 650 G1. I did check if there is a BIOS update but it already has the latest BIOS.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Well one of the DMPs points to your Citrix VPN (dnelwf64.sys), which I know is not part of the OS so you might check the drivers & configuration on that, or even remove it completely and see if the problems disappear.

But since the errors are all over the place and you are sure your drivers are up-to-date, there is also the good chance of hardware issues. It is common for RAM to have defects in the manufacturing so I would test the new RAM with memtest86+ for 6-10 passes overnight. And maybe stress test the CPU with Prime95.

NOTE that a clean memtest isn't proof your RAM is good but any red in the test shows a high probability it is bad.

Reaction score
Well the bsods have not gone away. I am posting all the rest of the dmp files, I really need to figure out what is causing this.

Attachments

Shintaro

Reaction score
Mate,

Do you still have an issue with you laptop?

Ask a Question