MSE hangs pc with firefox,IE...cant browse...URGENT help...

Reaction score
well i have a problem with MSE (microsoft security essentials),i have installed it,updated it,and active scanning is working.
when i open firefox,n go to any page my pc hangs but it never hangs otherwise,i cant browse,even on IE it hangs.i uninstalled MSE n now it is working fine...
what is the problem otherwise.
p.s i am using zonealarm as firewall.
is it conflicting with MSE or what must i do,i cannot compromise on zonealarm,but i liked the MSE too,it used too less resources,plz tell me what i must do.
at present i have uninstalled MSE.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
Welcome to the fourms, awaisagha! What other virus protection do you have installed? I know you need a firewall, but it must be configured to let your apps run. I use MSE on all of my systems with no problems. You need an anti virus program installed. I would suggest to either properly configure your firewall or revert back to the Windows default one. You're most likely going to have problems with any anti virus program until you properly configure your firewall. You said you can't compromise on Zonealarm, then you must learn how to work it. A firewall alone is no good.

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Zone alarm, I read, is giving a lot of problems with windows 7, but mostly due to poor configuration. What is the result if you disable it (Zone alarm)

Ask a Question