MS down?

Reaction score
I've needed a particular download from the MS site and I haven't been able to access it today. Anyone else?

Reaction score
This computer is too bloated with crap. It takes forever for me to do just about anything on it. Had a guy in to work with my VOIP and Home Group problems (neither of which are solved) and now I'm having trouble connecting to lot's o' places. Tried both Firefox and IE. Weird thing is, I connected with MS via Bing on my laptop, but I need the download on this computer.

Still hating technology...

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Download what you need to your laptop and then transfer the file via a USB flash thumb drive to your desktop.

Problem solved!

Digerati

Post Quinquagenarian
Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Just saw this, but have not had any access problems today.

Reaction score
Well, I don't have a thumb drive, but this computer is acting funky. Some sites I have no problem accessing, some I can't seem to get to at all. This includes MS, but also GoDaddy and even my own Word Press sites. I need to get rid of the extraneous crap on this beast and I don't know how to do it (story of my life right now, actually).

Digerati

Post Quinquagenarian
Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
I need to get rid of the extraneous crap on this beast and I don't know how to do it (story of my life right now, actually).
I guess that depends on your definition of "crap".

Have you scanned for malware?

As for clutter, Windows own Disk Cleanup is very effective.

Also, go through Control Panel > Programs and Features and uninstall any programs you installed but don't use. If unsure, leave it, and research it.

Note that most problems with IE are due to conflicting add-ons. So you might try running without add-ons, or resetting IE via Tools > Internet Options > Advanced, then click the Reset button.

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Agreed. And Elmer. I took mine off, but I think I remember that, if you look in the start menu, sitting there somewhere is an untouched version of IE. Maybe worth a try. It has no add-ons-,
What have youi got under the startup tab of Msconfig.? You can stop a heck of a lot of rubbish through there!

Digerati

Post Quinquagenarian
Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
And Elmer. I took mine off, but I think I remember that, if you look in the start menu, sitting there somewhere is an untouched version of IE. Maybe worth a try. It has no add-ons-,
If not there, you can call it up easily. Click on the Start Orb and start typing, Internet Explorer in the search box and Internet Explorer (No Add-ons) will appear near the top of the list.

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
LOL. A little cryptic!!!!!!
I meant I agreed with Digerati on removing the very non-essential add-ons

Ask a Question