Mozilla x64 browser is called: Namoroka v3.6.3

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
FF just upgraded to 3.5.9, and it's a true 64 bit browser.
The Mozilla x64 browser is called: Namoroka v3.6.3

But it still uses the Firefox Logo:

Downloads are here:

From Mozilla x86-64

Firefox Windows x64 build doesn't work on 32bit Windows even if you use processor that supports Intel EM64T or AMD64. If you want to use this, you have to install Windows x64 version (Windows XP Professional x64 Edition, Windows Server 2003 x64 Edition or Windows Vista x64).

Firefox 3.6

Reaction score
I did check it out. :)
Thats cool

Namoroka: It’s not just the code name for Firefox 3.6!
The newest pre-release code name for Firefox is Namoroka, named for a park in the northwest section of Madagascar. Famous for its Karst topography (or Tsingy as it is described in Malagasy), Namoroka is full of caves, canyons and natural swimming pools. Namoroka is also home to eight species of adorable lemur.

Since we’re very fond of things tailed and furry at Mozilla, we’ve decided to celebrate the release of Firefox 3.6 by raising money to protect lemurs in Namoroka park and throughout Madagascar. As a nation Madagascar is struggling to improve the quality of life for its rapidly growing human population and at the same time is struggling to find a way to preserve the forests and wildlife that remains.
Read more here - http://blog.mozilla.com/blog/2009/12/16/namoroka-its-not-just-the-code-name-for-firefox-3-6/

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
It's faster than the 32 bit version, not lightning fast but definitely faster.

Now Adobe needs to get their act together and write a 64 bit FLASH for it.

Reaction score
Thank you for the links.
Strange, usually I download several browsers
and store in a folder.
Looking in that folder no Firefox browsers..
Know I downloaded, must be on another unit
and forgot to transfer or I am really becoming
"senile".

draceena

That Crazy Amazon Chick!
Reaction score
Thanks for the post, I've got this installed in my comp. It picked up all my bookmarks and add-on from my 32bit version for Firefox....very sweet.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
That's what happens when you download & install any version of FF, your bookmarks & addons are usually retained. That's a good feature, because it takes around an hour or so to reinstall your addons manually. And your bookmarks, they're priceless. No one wants to lose them.

Ask a Question