motherboard drivers

Reaction score
guys my motherboard doesn't have drivers for windows 7 (you know audio,lan,bios etc), but a friend of mine told me that if I install vista drivers (the same bit version) shall do the work just fine...is that true? cause I don't want to do anything before I am completly sure that it's gonna work...

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I can't give you a promise but ...

Your best bet is to turn on all your devices and run the W7 upgrade advisor.

It is likely the Vista drivers will work but it is even more likely W7 will have default drivers.

If your hardware is working in Vista there are very few items that don't also work in 7.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
guys my motherboard doesn't have drivers for windows 7 (you know audio,lan,bios etc
Depending on what chipsets are on your motherboard you may be able to get the drivers directly from the chipset makers websites instead.

Depending on what North Bridge and South Bridge chipsets you have, you should be able to get them directly too.

BIOS firmware updates are not drivers but upgrade the EPROM chip on the motherboard to allow the rest of the electronics on it to run better, recognize new hardware, etc.

What is the brand and model of motherboard and perhaps we can help you further with this.

Ask a Question