SOLVED Monitor won't sleep on the set time.

Reaction score
I've HP Elitebook 8440p with Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 on it.

I've set the power options such that when on battery power, my display should 'Dim' in 1 min and should 'Turn Off' in 2 minutes. But it never happens.

And if I use a small program, like 'DekiSoft Monitor Off Utility' and double click on its tray icon, it successfully forces my monitor display to turn off. What I want to say is that there seems no component which is preventing my laptop display to go off.

Though, in my case of no use, yet I've checked 'PowerCfg -DeviceQuery Wake_Armed command to check what might be preventing my PC's Display to sleep. And its result showed that modem, ethernet and Wifi chip are 3 devices which have been set to wake my PC. But the problem is not of waking up, it is of sleeping (same is the case with my wife ;).

Help!

P.S. In the attached Screen shot, my pointer is on the utility icon in the taskbar tray which allows me to turn off my display till I move the mouse.

Attachments

Reaction score
Hey I got the solution myself. The culprit was VLC player, paused, in the back ground.

The command 'PowerCfg /requests helped me. It told me what is preventing the monitor to go into sleep. Thank you for listening boys.

P.S. I've found that the externally connected Sony TV/Lcd isn't capable of being dimmed. Am I right?

Ask a Question