Missing send to desktop shortcut.

Reaction score
This is my shell:sendto folder;

This is my send to context menu:

Desktop Shortcut and My Docs missing. How can i solve this?

Reaction score
Registry

You might have a registry problem. I recommend using a safe application to check your registry for errors and fix the errors.

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Type, in the address bar of Windows Explorer:
shell:sendto and

ENTER

You will have a window of the "sendto" function.,
You can then drag and copy any locations you like to this window, and they will, from then, appear in the "sendto" facility.

Hope this is what you are seeking.

As an extra, If you hold the Shift key while right-clicking on the icon/file, and click the "SendTo" menu, you will find many more.

Last edited:

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Dave, I believe the first picture IS the "Send To" folder and, as can be seen, there is a "My Docs (ie Belgeler)" link, a "Compressed (zipped) Folder" link and a "Desktop (create shortcut)" link as well as several others but then, as seen in the second picture, the screenshot shows he is missing those particular three when he expands his "Send To (ie Gönder)" menu in Windows Explorer.

I do suspect this is something messed up in his registry but I don't know of any registry cleaner that would likely fix it. And if the registry is that messed up then I might try creating a new userid and see if it works there ... if so move everything and use that ID instead. But otherwise my recommendation would likely be a fresh install. Neither recommendation is easy for your average user.

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Yes. When I have another look, I believe you are coreect. I wonder if there is a language conflict somewhere? If so, there is a (slight) possibility my suggestion could work, as it may refresh the list?
But, now you have brought it to my attention. Leanback: There has been some customisation there. I have no phrase "desklink" after my "Desktop" entry. I would suggest you delete it and, using my suggestion you should be able to recreate it, and the same, with My Docs .

Last edited:

Elmer BeFuddled

Resident eejit
Reaction score
Yea, if I change my send to folder view to detail I still get the correct icons, not a generic/blank icon. Definitely something broken.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Like Dave, I don't actually see the .ZFSendToTarget or the .DeskLink file extensions either (even though I have disabled "hide extensions of known file types"). I can go to properties and see that those are the correct file extensions for those entries but I'm not sure why LeanBack's actually show in the Detail view.

Like Dave suggested you could definitely try adding them again, with a slightly different name, and see if the new copy is visible.

Last edited:

Ask a Question