Microsoft released Emergency Fixit for all version's of Internet Explorer !!!!

Reaction score
Your welcome Ian. Hey, let me know if your pc freezes up after applying the fixit. My Windows 8 Pro x64 pc was fine. After applying the fixit, it's freezing up. I know for a fact my driver's and all other software are up to date. I disabled my video card overclock in MSI Afterburner to rule that out. I also, had problems with the Steam client saying I didn't have a internet connection. IE 10, Firefox 24.0, Outlook 2010 and Windows 8 Mail all had/have internet access. I got Steam working after a few restart's and running check disk on my ssd. The freezeup's presist, though. I hope M.S. has a real patch soon.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
It's been fine for me so far, although I have had problems with my NVidia drivers being unstable. I've got the latest Betas running, but they've crashed quite a few times now. I tried uninstalling them (completely) and using the default drivers, but they were problematic too.

Reaction score
Maybe, it's just in 8. I've got the lates Nvidia beta's, too. I heard through Guru3D that they had a new beta, but it wasn't for 8 or 8.1. It was 327.**. The latest for 8 & 8.1, is 326.80.

Reactions: Ian

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I notice this doesn't show up in Windows Updates and it isn't even an actual fix, it is more a patch, I would assume until they find a permanent fix. They provided an enable and disable link so it must work like an enable/disable scripts option.

I will stick to my personal favorite solution to this ... which is to just use FireFox instead.

Reaction score
Disable the Fixit this Tuesday. Microsoft is rolling out a IE update that fixes the issue on Tuesday afternoon/morning.

Ask a Question