Media Player

Reaction score
Some how this got currupted and keeps sending me to the MS download site to download the right version when I select it. It's not there, v12, and if I deselect Media Player in Windows Features, shut down and reinstall it---no luck.
Any ideas where I can go to reinstall my media player?
Thanks,
Ron

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Hi Ron & welcome to Windows 7 Forums

Two things to try
1. perform a system restore to a time before this problem.
2. Click Start then in search type cmd then in the command prompt window type sfc /scannow and press enter to restore media player, type exit to press enter to exit.

Reaction score
Nope

Thanks for the suggestion, but the dos file didn't do anything, and I will keep trying restore points. I might just use the repair feature from the installation DVD....

Reaction score

draceena

That Crazy Amazon Chick!
Reaction score
Have you tried the uninstall/reinstall of Media Player/Media Center. To do it, you need to go to Control Panel > Programs and Features and click the link for Turn Windows Features On or Off.

In the list, find your Media Player and click to unselect it. You system will most likely need to restart to complete the changes. Then go the same route and select Media Player. Check it to see if it works....

Ask a Question