Malwarebytes Update

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
I used the beta while 1.50 was being developed, from the first scan, it showed a lot of potential. Faster loading and scanning, it found a couple of items that MSE (once again) missed on my notebook.

MBAM 1.50 looks to be very promising.

Cat

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
I'll update... one day...
Better today, you may need it tonight:D. But I hope you don't.

Really, it was an easy install, all that you need to do is reboot after install, and update it afterwards. No big deal.

Cat

Fire cat

Established Member
Reaction score
The thing is - there's no reason I would get a virus now. I barely go on any other website than websites I trust, and that don't host malware (this forum, for example).

And 'till now, each time I got a virus (3 times, I think) ESET NOD32 was fast, efficient, and got rid of it in a matter of seconds.

Oh - and I just installed Ubuntu 10.10. Don't talk of rebooting to me :D

Digerati

Post Quinquagenarian
Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Hmmm, I was a bit surprised that even with the free (not real-time) version, it wants you to reboot after installing. :(

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
The thing is - there's no reason I would get a virus now. I barely go on any other website than websites I trust, and that don't host malware (this forum, for example).

And 'till now, each time I got a virus (3 times, I think) ESET NOD32 was fast, efficient, and got rid of it in a matter of seconds.

Oh - and I just installed Ubuntu 10.10. Don't talk of rebooting to me :D
When I installed Ubuntu 10.10, as well as Linux Mint 10, you have to remove your CD/DVD or whatever way you installed it, and reboot. Then check for updates, but unlike Windows, you get all of your updates at once, rather than a few rounds of updates. And, since you've installed Ubuntu, you've probably noticed that it found the drivers for all of your devices (except some printers), the first time.

And Ubuntu (or Mint) 64 bit will fly on just 2GB RAM, the 32 bit version, only 1GB.

Cat

Ask a Question