SOLVED make master document file folder

Reaction score
I have many document folders. How can I consolidate them into one master folder?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums, hardywest :)

Are you looking to keep the directory structure intact in a new master folder, or do you want all of the files place in the master folder with no sub-directories? I am guessing that the master folder is the "My Documents" folder?

Reaction score
Yes, I would like them all in My Documents...what sub-directories would you recommend?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm not sure if I understand properly, as you should be able to highlight all of the files/folders you want to move to My Documents and Right Click > Cut, then paste them in to the My Documents folder?

Reaction score
Thank you very much, I know how to cut and paste, but don't know how to set it up so I can do that. I have Documents spread all over and don't know how to go about finding them and then have the My Documents available for the paste. Do you have any suggestions?

Reaction score
The way I do it is under My documents I have folder for documents created in word, a folder for text only documents, a folder for documents created by Excel, a folder for documents created power point a folder for documents created by Publisher a folder for all of my PDF files in each of these folders you can create folders for special projects or different groups of documents to make finding things easier. Some programs create folders for you in the My Documents folder.

Reaction score
I'm still getting a handle on how Win 7 handles it's files but could you not create a new folder within your documents library then drag and drop all your documents into that one folder.

Reaction score
Your welcome. Being a relative beginner myself I'm pleased when I can give useful advice.

Ask a Question