Low System Rating Score (Windows Experience Index)

Reaction score
The 965 Black Edition came out first in the 140 Watt. When I saw the 125 Watt edition I grabbed one because of less heat generated. I'm not sure what your going to do with the board you got but you might try flashing the BIOs with the latest version just to make sure that doesn't fix it. Hard to believe it supports up to the 940 and no higher though.

Good Luck...

Reaction score
i know its odd i went to the shop today all he said was sorry he made a mistake he is going to change the motherboard i have gone for the M4a79 Deluxe.

Reaction score
I did some research and found that any Phenom II Quad over a 940 is an AMD 3 socket. Thats good he is making good on his mistake.

Good Luck...

Reaction score
I noticed as soon as I posted that I had the wrong link. Its got the same, Latest north and south bridges that mine has and thats what I looked for when I built mine about a month ago. It also made Neweggs Choice Awards so its got to be a good board. I don't buy anywhere but Newegg. Good Choice!

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
You wont go wrong with an ASUS Motherboard gs1522, i have been building my own systems for over 25 years and would recommend ASUS for Intel or AMD.

Reaction score
Hi gs1522 & welcome to Windows 7 Forums

AMD phenom II and you got 3.7 i would have thought you would have got a better rate but there are a couple of members here and quite a few people i know that have good and up to high end hardware who have a lower rating then they expected, maybe you would like to run some benchmarks of your own This is a good place to start

I'm also using the 965, 3.7 is my exact cpu index score.

Reaction score
My old system was 3.4 total score. Pulled down a bit by the on-board video and older processor but from a user point of view I never noticed anything except not being able to run in XP mode and that was a CPU limitation.

Ask a Question