lexmark 5400 series for windows7

Ana

Reaction score
Hi!

Does anybody know how can I get the properly software for lexmark 5400 series?

It used to work well at W Vista, but at the time we changed the program, it completely stopped.

Thanks a lot!

Ana

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
Ana, welcome to the forum! That printer you have, there's apparently no 64 bit drivers available for it. I researched it, and there are several more awaiting an answer. There is a possibility, would you be interested in running a Virtual Machine (VM) on your computer? It's like a PC within a PC, and can allow you to run older software/hardware. There is a free one that allows you to run a virtual copy of XP Pro SP3. For this to work on your 64 bit install (if you have a 64 bit one), you need at least 3GB RAM, for a 32 bit, 2GB RAM. I felt it best to ask before showing you where to go and all. And another thing to consider. Does the printer still work well? If you're interested in VM software (it's free), post back, and I'll try to help.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Reaction score
What is the exact model number of your Lexmark 5400 Series printer(e.g. Lexmark X5410, Lexmark X5450, Lexmark X5490, etc.)? What is your Windows 7 running on, 32-bit or 64-bit? To check, click on Windows logo Start menu > right click on Computer > Properties. With these info, I should be able to lead you straight to the driver itself for you to download.

Reaction score
What is the exact model number of your Lexmark 5400 Series printer(e.g. Lexmark X5410, Lexmark X5450, Lexmark X5490, etc.)? What is your Windows 7 running on, 32-bit or 64-bit? To check, click on Windows logo Start menu > right click on Computer > Properties. With these info, I should be able to lead you straight to the driver itself for you to download.
I also have this problem. I'm running Windows 7, 32 bit system and have a Lexmark 5470 printer. Can you tell me which drivers I need.

Reaction score
Welcome! :) Which model in the 5400 series are you wanting a driver for?

I've had a quick look on their site and it looks like there are Windows 7 drivers now. I just picked a random printer in the 5400 series as all of the drivers are the same:

64 bit 5400 series for Windows 7:
http://support.lexmark.com/index?pa...7&segment=DOWNLOAD&userlocale=EN_US&locale=en

32 bit 5400 series for Windows 7:
http://support.lexmark.com/index?pa...ductCode=LEXMARK_X5495&searchid=1272711548660

Thanks but I downloaded the drivers that they recommended and my system told me they were not for my operationg system and rejected them. What are my alternatives?

Thanks,
Ed

Ask a Question