kyocera FS-1118MFP Scanner

Reaction score
I was using kyocera FS-1118MFP scanner in windows XP it was working fine.

but now we are migrated to windows 7, kyocera printer is working fine. but kyocera FS-1118MFP scanner is not working. initially windows 7 is configuring WIA driver by itself but after some seconds it will not commnicate with kyocera FS-1118MFP scanner.

kindly anyone has solution.

Reaction score
Dear i checked kyocera website but i didn't find any driver for kycoera fs-1118 scanner(TWAIN/WIA driver for windows 7)

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
If W7 doesn't have one but you need it then use the one for Vista
kayc-drv.jpg

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Then the drivers are most likely installed. You could check control panel > device manager for any drivers missing or "not working".

I'm only guessing but if your drivers are installed then I would suspect either a hardware problem (like a bad cable) or corruption in your windows registry.

Unfortunately there is nothing more I know to suggest other than to try contacting kyocera support. Or try formatting the hard drive and then reinstalling all of Windows 7 again.

Reaction score
i checked with company and they are saying that this machine is not supporting windows 7 for scanner.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
So if the scanner is not supported in Windows 7 there still may be a way to use it if you own Windows 7 Professional or Ultimate. Pro & Ult allow you to install Virtual PC - XP mode and if you install the virtual environment you can install the XP drivers there and scan within the XP window. And once scanned, you can save the results to your actual hard drive and use them outside the virtual environment.

It's not ideal but it may be worth it to you depending on your version of W7 and whether you want to buy a new printer/scanner.

Ask a Question