SOLVED JAVA won't install - Wrapper.CreateFile failed with error 3

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have been trying to install JAVA on my PC, and when I go to Java.com and try to download the latest version, I get an error message - 'Downloaded File Is Corrupt'

The file is Java 7 Update 5.

I am using IE9 to download but have tried Firefox and Chrome too with the same error resulting.

I have looked at 'appdata' and cannot find any folders or files relating to any version of Java on my device.

Reaction score
Thanks Ian,

I tried this and had a different error:

Installer: Wrapper.CreateFile faled with error 3: The system cannot find the path specified

I was attempting to download the Windows Offline 64-bit version

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Have you got a previous version of Java already installed? If so, can you try removing it via the Control Panel and see if you can re-install?

Reaction score
No nothing else JAVA installed.

I have found this error in a search and apparently it results from the application data folder being redirected. But I'm not sure what that means or how to correct it?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Can you try creating the following folder manually and then see if the install will work?

C:\Users\USERNAME\appdata\LocalLow\Sun

Reaction score
Many thanks for that post,

I managed to locate the folder 'LocalLow' under AppData and I did not have acces to it, I have now changed that and was able to install Java!!

Having done that, when I navigate to http://www.java.com/en/download/testjava.jsp to test for Java, it says that 'No working Java was detected on your system'

and points me toward the link to install Java again!

Reaction score
Installed from the directed link and it is now ok! All enabled....

Many thanks for your help.

Reaction score
I signup this forum only to thanks you. I'm about a week trying to solve this problem. Thank you Ian and kmht0307.
I did not have acces to C:\Users\USERNAME\appdata\LocalLow\

Ask a Question