SOLVED Java IRC Client error

Reaction score
Hi fellas. You know me and my questions. This time it's not so much with firefox. I get the same error both in Chrome and FF.

Here is the error. Exact same on in both browsers. I have been updating my java regularly, I'm really ticked off!

HAHahahaha I stumped you!!!

Last edited:
Reaction score
It means that the Java application is broken.
Doesn't that mean that all the java websites I visit wouldn't work though? All the java games I play online work. I will try to reinstall java.

Reaction score
No, it means that the specific Java application you are attempting to use is broken. Your Java install is fine.

Reaction score
No, it means that the specific Java application you are attempting to use is broken. Your Java install is fine.
Hmmm... well I re-installed java. rebooted and it seems to be fixed, maybe temporarily. But fixed nonetheless.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
Since Java is the topic here, is it necessary to install that program when installing or reinstalling? I know that it's an optional download, and I always do install it, but do all users need it?

Cat

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
Thanks TM. I recall with using No Script with FF, if scripting isn't allowed on a site, there will be a notice to either enable Java, or it's not installed.

Only a few sites shows that Java symbol with the other icons though, the last time I recall seeing it was when I ran a online scan with F-Secure, a few months ago. Those sites (with your permission) will install Java for the user.

Cat

Ask a Question