Is there a software which can share the video over wifi?

Reaction score
Hi genius, I want to share my videos on my laptop with my friends over wifi, and I hope we can watch the video independently that means we can free to decide the playing speed and progress. Is there such software? A Free One must be more better! I am looking forward to your answers. Thank you in advance

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
The only software you need is a media player on your friends computer to play the video file, personally I use VLC. Then you simply make the file shareable/public on your computer. As long as the wi-fi is fast enough they can stream it from your computer, otherwise they may want to copy it to their computer first and then watch the copy.

Reaction score
Hi genius, I want to share my videos on my laptop with my friends over wifi, and I hope we can watch the video independently that means we can free to decide the playing speed and progress. Is there such software? A Free One must be more better! I am looking forward to your answers. Thank you in advance

Reaction score
Yeah it is called a WiFi network and an application that will play the videos. All you need to do is share the folder that contain the videos, and anyone on your network can watch them.

But then I also get the feeling you are talking about an application that streams movies. And on the topic of streaming, you watch what is being streamed. You can't control the speed or location within the movie of a stream. You can however have multiple streams, if you have the bandwidth to do so.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Moderator Note: Please do not create duplicate threads. I have merged them together.

Creating two very similar forum accounts may also lead to confusion. I would encourage you to pick one or the other and use just that one going forward.

Last edited:

Ask a Question