Internet Properties/Connections/ LAN Settings keeps popping up and closing

Reaction score
Hello all,

Im not a tech guy, so please be patient with my lingo! About a week ago, the Internet Properties window will flash on my screen, followed by the LAN settings page. As soon as it comes up, it goes away. I dont even have time to try and see what it is. So i print screened it one day. Here is what I can see.

When the LAN Settings window was open the box reading "Use automatic configuration script" was checked.

This will happen 20+ times a day and is super annoying. Ive ran Malware and other scans but nothing is fixing this. Please help!

I attached the screen shot

Thanks!

Attachments

Reaction score
Hello all,

Im not a tech guy, so please be patient with my lingo! About a week ago, the Internet Properties window will flash on my screen, followed by the LAN settings page. As soon as it comes up, it goes away. I dont even have time to try and see what it is. So i print screened it one day. Here is what I can see.

When the LAN Settings window was open the box reading "Use automatic configuration script" was checked.

This will happen 20+ times a day and is super annoying. Ive ran Malware and other scans but nothing is fixing this. Please help!

I attached the screen shot

Thanks!

Hello there if this is annoying you then try this! :) , Click the start button and in the small search bar bellow type run once you click the run button type in regsvr32 /u ahiehelp.dll, and then click OK.Then it will say command was complete then go into your internet again see if that has fixed it if not and it is just a notification then go to the start button again and type in customize icons on the task bar and see if you can find the one that is bugging you and click the drop down button and it will give you the option to say hide icon and notifications

Reaction score
Thank you for responding. WHen I copied and pasted your instructions, it said "The module "ahiehelp.dll" failed to load. Make sure the binary is stored at the specific path or debug it to check for problems with the binary or dependent .DLL files

Any thoughts?

Ask a Question