Interesting stuff coming from Intel.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Sweet Yodap!

IMHO, your CPU temps are a little high though. You may want to consider a Corsair water-cooled setup such as the HC60

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
Sweet Yodap!

IMHO, your CPU temps are a little high though. You may want to consider a Corsair water-cooled setup such as the HC60
I beg to differ sir. :) I think they are good on air. Some folders would say even "chilly"

Those are all out 100% usage folding temps. I idle in the mid 20's and normal mundane stuff inches me to about 30. I might have to start gaming.:D

That h60 set-up is nice though.

Reaction score
I beg to differ sir. :) I think they are good on air. Some folders would say even "chilly"

Those are all out 100% usage folding temps. I idle in the mid 20's and normal mundane stuff inches me to about 30. I might have to start gaming.:D

That h60 set-up is nice though.
I agree, yodap. Tmax for Core i7 CPUs is higher than what was previously acceptable. I don't have a link to anything right now, but anything below 80c core temp is OK. Obviously, cooler is better, but there is no risk of meltdown if it hovers in the 70s (personal experience to that effect.)

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
Yep, I've been reading copious amounts of material on numerous folding forums and looking at YouTube vids clocking this chip on my mobo and nobody is worrying about low and mid 60's.
I see that there were some 70+ temps int hat screen shot but that's abnormal. This more realistic.

Attachments

Ask a Question