Intel chipset software installation utility and Asus MB

Reaction score
Hello

I am using my new custom PC using an Asus mainboard P8Z77-V Deluxe featuring an intel Z77 chipset ...
My inquiries :
1.Asus DVD contain a 250mb driver for the Intel chipset installtion utility while the last version from intel is about just 4.7 mb !! can I safely use the version from intel website without problems ?
2.I need the lastest Intel Management Engine Interface which is version 8.something .. Can somebody share a link for it ?
3.What about the Intel LAN 82579V ?

So in general Asus drivers or using latest drivers from Intel ?

Thanks

Reaction score
Use the link to download your most current drivers you're looking for...always go to the vendors website to get the most current drivers.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Like Bassfisher said, it is always best to use the latest drivers from the manufacturer.

If you follow his link and select the Download tab, then specify the OS; you didn't tell us if you have W7 32-bit or 64-bit but you will need to specify that. And then you get sections of drivers.

The latest Intel Chipset Driver V9.3.0.1021 & Management Engine Interface V8.1.0.1263 are listed under the "chipset" section.
And get the latest one under the "LAN" section which is Intel LAN Driver V17.3.0.0

There is also BIOS update from nine days ago so you should probably install that.

Ask a Question