Impossible Task: Win 10 Icon In System tray

Reaction score
My first posting here, and will probably be more to come.

Here is my problem. I have a HP desktop with Win. 7 Pro and would like to upgrade to WIN 10 Pro. Last fall I got the WIN 10 Icon (window) in my system tray (task bar) and deleted it as I didn't want the upgrade at the time. I also installed the GW10 Control panel so it would keep trying to install. I have since uninstalled this and now ready to upgrade. I cannot get the WIN 10 Icon to show up in the system tray.
I have SP1 showing and Windows is activated. Product ID and all. I have the two Microsoft KB 3055583 and KB 2952664 showing in my updates as installed. I have my Update Settings set to Automatic so it should do what it is suppose to do.

Is there another way to get the WIN 10 icon to show up in the system tray?

Reaction score
My first posting here, and will probably be more to come.

Here is my problem. I have a HP desktop with Win. 7 Pro and would like to upgrade to WIN 10 Pro. Last fall I got the WIN 10 Icon (window) in my system tray (task bar) and deleted it as I didn't want the upgrade at the time. I also installed the GW10 Control panel so it would keep trying to install. I have since uninstalled this and now ready to upgrade. I cannot get the WIN 10 Icon to show up in the system tray.
I have SP1 showing and Windows is activated. Product ID and all. I have the two Microsoft KB 3055583 and KB 2952664 showing in my updates as installed. I have my Update Settings set to Automatic so it should do what it is suppose to do.

Is there another way to get the WIN 10 icon to show up in the system tray?
I have solved the problem... Dumped the Computer in the trash container. I'll wait and get a new PC with WIN 10 installed.

Ask a Question