IE 9 to go public tomorrow

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
So far, I've found the IE9 beta to be easy to use, much more so than I ever expected. While I haven't had the problems that others have had, I'm being cautious, and learning it on my notebook.

The browser took a 5 year old Dell Latitude D610 notebook, with Windows 7 Starter (32 bit) and made it look like it was new, out of the box, even though it has problems. And seems light on resources, too.

I think that in time, I'm going to like the new IE.

Cat

Reaction score
Hi Jeffrey,
How much have you been using the new browser, as I am wondering if you found an new exploit of ie9 while surfing? I doubt Microsoft installed all that when you updated but if somebody used a new weakness they may be trying to compromise your system. Anything show up on virus or malware scans?

Nibs posted another thread about the virus "Anti-virus 2010" that messes up the ie9 install but it didn't say anything about creating admin accounts like you mention.

Yes, when I installed 9 Beta it actually seemed to overwrite 8 and if you delete the beta to roll back to ie8 it makes ie8 start up fresh with the "welcome to ie 8", do you want to make it the default browser, set up search engines, "do you want to import favorites from firefox", etc as if it is a fresh install. This scared me and I told it to import my favorites from firefox but someone else said they will still be in there. I sort or expected this but it surprised Cat, if you are 64-bit and install that it overwrites both the 64 and 32 bit browsers.
Trainmanable,Hi Jeffrey,
How much have you been using the new browser, as I am wondering if you found an new exploit of ie9 while surfing?mate a lot and I have noticed now also adobe installed both 32bit flash & 64bit flash however I cannot find my IE 8 32bit browser it's gone.s you said someone defineately got into my system to do that Credential weird but its gone alls right except for the IE9 preview still there & IE9 Beta is working well except something is wrong I can just fell & can actually notice my computer doing things its never done I even found a snap add in adminstrative settings now thats got to be a compromise I think?what do you think?
regards
Jeffrey

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Yes, when I downloaded and installed IE9-64bit it overwrote IE8 x64 (64-bit) AND IE8 x86 (32-bit). When I uninstalled IE9 in control panel\programs and features it restored IE8 (32 AND 64) for me.

Now for me, when I installed Adobe Flash Square Beta x64 into IE8 x64 it did NOT install Adobe Flash Square into IE8 x32.

So I am now back to IE8 and I am running normal flash in my IE8 x86 and I am running Flash Square Beta in IE8 x64.

It definitely sounds bad that someone added administrator accounts on your machine - I hope you successfully repaired that. Please let us know if weird things continue. Are you planning to uninstall IE9 ?

Reaction score
TrainableMan,
thank you for explaining what happened on your PC.Sounds very similar,especially with adobe flash.I am going to do same as you have done using control panel remove programs.
That should restore IE8 x64 & x86 32bit,as for the adobe I will also copy what you have done.I feel after that credential was deleted I run both MSE,Malwarebytes which found 17 cookies & 1 of my USB devices was corrupted.I have removed that device,I have completed the uninstalling of IE9 beta.

Trainableman,now the changes made will be closely monitored for next 24 hours then if weird stuff happens again I will have no choice but to do a format & complete Re-install of w7RTM Ultimate x64.Prior to doing this,I will again let you know of what happens.

Thank you for your advice,I appreciate it very much.
respectfully
Jeffrey

Ask a Question