I miss my custom (XP) toolbars...

Reaction score
In XP I used to be able to create a folder of shortcuts (for rdp connections, for example), make it a custom toolbar, then drag it off of the taskbar and snap it to the top (or side) of my screen so that it did not take up any space on my taskbar. Even better, I could then turn on the auto-hide property of the task bar, thereby still maximizing my screen space, maintaining a clutter free taskbar, but having one-click access to all my commonly used shortcuts.

Why can't I do this in Win7?? Can I do this in Win7? tia

Reaction score
Hmmmm, been seeing some interesting things done with things like RocketDock, etc... Anyone have any opinions on using those types of apps/gadgets?

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Hi CaseyC

You can get a lot of customisation for Windows 7 Here and no doubt much more to come :).

Reaction score
You can get a lot of customisation for Windows 7 Here and no doubt much more to come :).
Looks interesting but not worth purchasing for only desktop cosmetics.

Trial version expires after 30 days

If it requires purchase or uninstall within a month, I will choose not to install.

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Would that be Windows blinds your looking at Cilfford ? there is quite a lot of free stuff at Wincustomize and some very nice wallpapers ... free ;)

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
There was a free version of Windows blinds that had 5 or 7 skins (cant remember now) it only skinned the task bar and window boarders ... no Widgets etc but for its day it was quite good :)

Reaction score
Wellll, have found other things with the Aero interface that have helped me unclutter my window mgmt, so leaving the toolbars on my taskbar is not such a biggie any more... I sometimes wonder if it hasn't made the experience more click-intensive, but I'm happy with it all...oh, and Fences from Wincustomize es la bamba.

Thanks to all for your input. Lachiam!

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
One thing i do miss is being able to use a USB Bridge Cable with Windows 7 (brilliant for transfer, 480MBS) unfortunately there is no support for it ATM.

BetaMan

Official G33k
Reaction score
Yes... I believe paying software became obsolete for the geek when BitTorrent was invented... Not suggesting anything, but uhh...

Ask a Question