I got one for ya Clifford

Reaction score
Hey Clifford, on Saturday night I figured out how to move my games off of my ssd, while making Windows 7 still think they're there. I didn't physically have to use anything to create symbolic links. I just partitioned one of my Caviar Blacks into 2 equal partitions, made a Games folder in C:\Program Files (x86) and pointed it to the partition I made. It put all the games there automatically, when I pointed all of them to that folder I created on C:\ and they're all on my Games partition. Can I put (e-mail address removed) in that same folder and will it work being off the ssd, to keep it's writes down ?

Reaction score
Can I put (e-mail address removed) in that same folder and will it work being off the ssd, to keep it's writes down ?
Yes you can.

You can install just about any application to a second drive. Assigning a partition to a specified folder on C:/ in not necessary but will work all the same. I've have been running F@H on D:\ ever since I started folding.

Reaction score
Which version should I download ? My pc's changed a bit since last time I used it ? Replaced Phenom 2 965BE with a Phenom 2 1100T 6-core, rams at 16.0 GB's now, Zalman CNPS 9900ALED heatsink was replaced with a Corsair Hydro Series H80 and Corsair TX 750 watt psu was replaced with a OCZ ZX Series 1250 watt psu. Next month I'ma finishing it off with a 2nd HIS Digital IceQ X Turbo X Radeon HD 6950 2.0 GB. for CrossfireX. Then it's done on internal parts for a while.

Reaction score
I've run them all for Windows, they all seem to run just fine for CPU.

All the GPU clients work well with GeForce cards. As for Radeon, the V7 client has greater potential with Radeon HD 5000 series and greater cards.

Reaction score
How did you install it on your D: drive ? I tried the Nvidia High Performance one that there notes said would work on a AMD HD 6*** series. It doesn't and won't install. I then tried to install the regular systray version. There aren't any options like in other software telling it where to install. I installed it, cut and pasted it where I wanted it and it bsod'd, so I removed it.

Reaction score
Clifford: I think I got it configured right this time, but I'm going to tell you how I configured it to make sure. I cut the (e-mail address removed) folder from C:\Program Files (x86) and pasted it in my D: drive. I left the C:\Users\Keith\AppData\RoamF@H as is, which is on the ssd. I then never realized this one befor. I read the (e-mail address removed) manual online for Windows and made 6 shortcuts of the (e-mail address removed) file and renamed the CPU1-6 for each different on for each cpu core and pointed the Start IN portion to the (e-mail address removed) folder on my D: drive. Should I move the AppData\Roaming\F@H folder to the D: drive and also point the 6 CPU shortcuts to that in the Target section or should I leave it as is ? I also copied those 6 cpu shortcuts into the Startup folder and have setup a Clients 1-6.
Yes you can.

You can install just about any application to a second drive. Assigning a partition to a specified folder on C:/ in not necessary but will work all the same. I've have been running F@H on D:\ ever since I started folding.

Reaction score
The only folder you need to move is the data folder. Thats the folder all the work is done in. I believe you have already accomplished moving the work folder.

The console clients are stand alone apps and which don't need installing. You can only use one ID for the system trey app, therefor making you use the console clients for the other ID's.

Reaction score
The (e-mail address removed) folder in AppData\Roaming contains a work folder.

Reaction score
I'm late to this thread, but I have a question, brkkab123. It seems you have set up to run 6 single-core clients on your Phenom 2. Is there a reason you wouldn't run one SMP client instead? Maybe I'm missing something.

Reaction score
That's how Stanford says how to configure (e-mail address removed), if you have a dul-core,quad-core and 6-core cpu.Mine's a 6 core, so that's why I've got 6 running. I just did a clean install yesterday, so my (e-mail address removed) won't be back up until tomorrow. I still have some other thing's to re-configure first.
I'm late to this thread, but I have a question, brkkab123. It seems you have set up to run 6 single-core clients on your Phenom 2. Is there a reason you wouldn't run one SMP client instead? Maybe I'm missing something.

Reaction score
Ok, then your CPU is running 6 individual clients, one on each core, and each client is processing it's own work unit (WU). There is a way to instruct your CPU to process 1 WU across all 6 cores at once. They are SMP WUs. They are larger than the single-core WUs you are doing now, but they were designed specifically for multi-core CPUs like yours. They will garner you more points than the single-core WUs, if that matters to you.

If you want to switch over and get those instead, you will only need one CPU client. You can use the v7 client or the older v6.34 client.
The v7 should automatically recognize the multi-core and set up for SMP folding.
For the v6.34, you will have to set it up in the configuration. Follow Clifford's guide, and when you get to the question:
Change advanced options <yes/no> [no]? type yes, then press ENTER
press ENTER for the next few question until you get to
Additional client parameters. Use space to clear. type -smp 6, then press ENTER

Don't forget the part of Clifford's guide that talks about the passkey. You will need it to get the bonuses.

I hope this helps you. If you have any other questions, ask away.

Reaction score
Didn't see any of the options in the current V7 beta that you're talking about. First I tried the GPU & SMP version. It was making my video card run @ 89 degrees celcius. That one was uninstalled real fast. I then tried the Uniprocessor version (not realizing it's for 2+ cpu's) same temp's. It's gone. Now I'm running the plain SMP version. The temp's are good, under 50 degrees celcius, but I think I've discovered a bug in it. I've got my video card and cpu both set to 50%, as I like to be able to do other thing's with my pc.4-5 of the core's are at 100 % with just (e-mail address removed) going and the other 1-2 cores are 92 %. There isn't any malware on my pc, as I ran the scheduled full scan's with MSE 4.0 beta, Malwarebytes Professional and SUPERAntiSpyware Pro. None found any malware. A few hours later I ran Malwarebytes and SUPERAntiSpyware in safe mode. Clean again. The only downloads today were (e-mail address removed) and definition updates. Nothing else. P.S. It automatically set itself to SMP -6 in the SMP version.
Ok, then your CPU is running 6 individual clients, one on each core, and each client is processing it's own work unit (WU). There is a way to instruct your CPU to process 1 WU across all 6 cores at once. They are SMP WUs. They are larger than the single-core WUs you are doing now, but they were designed specifically for multi-core CPUs like yours. They will garner you more points than the single-core WUs, if that matters to you.

If you want to switch over and get those instead, you will only need one CPU client. You can use the v7 client or the older v6.34 client.
The v7 should automatically recognize the multi-core and set up for SMP folding.
For the v6.34, you will have to set it up in the configuration. Follow Clifford's guide, and when you get to the question:
Change advanced options <yes/no> [no]? type yes, then press ENTER
press ENTER for the next few question until you get to
Additional client parameters. Use space to clear. type -smp 6, then press ENTER
Don't forget the part of Clifford's guide that talks about the passkey. You will need it to get the bonuses.

I hope this helps you. If you have any other questions, ask away.

Reaction score
The SMP version just had to be uninstalled. I was watching live tv in Media Center and (e-mail address removed) caused it to freeze up. Not good.

Reaction score
There is another option. You can set it to run on fewer cores. Instead of -smp 6, try -smp 5 or some other number from 2 to 6. I always had to do this because of conflicts with the GPU clients running on my Fermi cards. I would leave one or two cores free on SMP and set the affinity of the GPU clients to those free cores. You can do this through Task Manager, I think, but I've always used Process Lasso to set affinities. It is free for personal use.

Hope I haven't come off as pushy. I'm just trying to give alternatives for you to get the most out of folding while not throttling your other usage. I'm always glad to see people donating their resources and time to this effort. Good luck and thanks for folding. :cool:

Reaction score
I'm not gseeing/finding any of the options you're talking about. The only FAH process in task manager won't let you change anything, including cpu affinity, so I'm done wasting my time. This version must not like AMD components and the current stable version is too slow.

Ask a Question