Huffington Post always Crashes my MFF

Reaction score
Gentlemen, it's been too long. Greetings to you all.

Over the past two months I have noticed that at any time of day that I visit the Huffington Post website, and click on a any link that has pictures or videos attached. My Mozilla FireFox Crashes.

I am running version 3.6.18
I have disabled both AdBlock Plus & Maximum AdBlock Free on the Huffington Post domain. That did not help. My java is up to date. My video drivers are up to date.

It never happened before, for two years I have been visiting that website.

The strange thing is that the FF Error console doesn't show any errors on the HP websites.

It doesn't crash on any other websites that I visit that have videos and photos.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
It works fine for me but I didn't think rubbing that in would help you any.

I would suggest you clear your history and cookies in case it is space related.

The only thing I noticed specifically about that site was that my NoScript add-on blocks something to do with fonts on that website, but I don't know how that could be hurting you.

What I would suggest is try running your browser with the no add-ons option and see if it still bombs; if that works fine then you can assume it is a problem with an add-on to your browser.

Other idea is to try a proxy server. Since they tend to control scripts and cookies etc. just to see if you still lock up. But if that did work I don't know how it would help you other than at least providing you a roundabout way to see the site. Simply go to the proxy server, type Huffingtonpost.com in the address line in the middle of the page, and then click GO.
An example Proxy Server

Reaction score
It works fine for me but I didn't think rubbing that in would help you any.
My apologies, I was just joking around. I haven't been able to stump anyone on this forum yet, so I was being sarcastic. I will try disabling all my add-ons. Will post result later tonight.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
No apology necessary, I should have ended that line with ":p"

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
I knew this was a bait post to begin with, plus anyone that goes to the Huffington Post website needs to have their head examined to begin with!

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
LOL Okay so we have 1 Republican here.
Nope! They're just as bad as the Democrats to be honest. Die hard Libertarian here, and damned well proud of it too. (BTW, being a Libertarian does not mean being a libertine!) :D

Reaction score

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
LOL Okay so we have 1 Republican here.
EM, be real. If you can't get in to that site, count your blessings.

Ok. so... you're saying articles and links like this are propaganda?
I don't recall him inferring that the site is full of propaganda. So defensive.

Last edited:

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Some light poking is fine but please try to stay on topic which is Firefox crashing when referencing a specific site.

I will say that is not the current 5.0.1 version of Firefox and you might try updating, though mine is working with an even older version.

Ask a Question