HP Color LaserJet 2600n Drivers...

Reaction score
Hummm... well, three hours later and still not printing. It appears that the 2600n is not available at all. We just bought a new laptop with w7 home premium 64-bit OS and following the steps from previous posts, nothing is coming up roses. Now, this is on a wireless network, would this make a difference? We have a home network set up and the printer is hooked up to two desktops. Again I ask, could this be creating the issue? Any guidance would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Yes it can make a difference. What OS is on the desktop hosting the printer? You also need to be sure you have the 64-bit drivers on your new laptop.

If the desktop is XP check out How-to geek.

Reaction score
Hi Trainable,

Yes our desktops are XP OS. We followed your link but were still unable to get it to work. I think at this point we are reduced to hooking up a USB cable to the printer and laptop and see if it will at least download the appropriate driver that way. Then maybe we can retry the wireless way.

I appreciate your quick reply. If it works I'll post the update for others to try as well.

Reaction score
Woo hoo! We got it! Wow and this only took less then ten minutes! Here's what we did.
1. We unhooked the printer from the LAN cable and attached a USB cable from the printer to the laptop. It automatically downloaded it. However, it did state it couldn't find the driver.
2. We used the troubleshooter and it found the driver and installed it. We then continued to use the help from the following link: (it is by Pete Peterson on forums13.itrc.hp.com

http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?admit=109447626+1290893852430+28353475&threadId=1390143

Hope this helps others. Thanks again TrainableMan for your help! Happy printing to all and to all a good-night!

Reaction score
go to the hp site and select the plug and play package - it's the first in the windows 7 group (i.e ut has no edition name). It worked for me and even gave me the tool box

good luck

j

Reaction score
THanks!

This worked like a charm! Great directions. They STILL have not come up with a solution for this problem.

Reaction score
Simpler than that

I just did the following, and it worked flawlessly:

1. Downloaded the hp_CLJ_2600-HB-pnp-win64-en.exe driver from the site already mentioned. As someone has mentioned, the installer requires the printer to be connected via the USB port, nevertheless I finally managed to print via the network as well.
  2. Temporarily plugged the printer to the USB port in order to allow the driver installer to complete its job. Note: i leaved the printer connected via the ethernet cable as well, you don't have to disconnect it.
  3. Disconnected the USB cable, and went to the Control Panel / Printers to add a network printer.
  4. Provided the IP address of the printer, and selected the option "Use the driver already installed"
Done. It printed the test page via the Ethernet perfectly.
Hope this helps.

Reaction score
Hi,

Go to Hewlett Packard - Enter the product name / number. Be sure to check the additional information, like how to install the driver or troubleshooting guides.

Ask a Question