HP 3055 scan problem

Reaction score
I have a new PowerSpec computer running Windows 7-64 bit with my HP 3055 all in one printer attached via a USB port. The unit prints fine but the scanning through Widows Fax & Scan does not complete. It will preview a page, but when the scan button is hit, it sits there until it times out and then sends a blank page to the document files. A note comes up on the printer screen that says 'cannot connect to the PC'. When I first tried the fax and scan program, it did work once. Since that time, I have had no success.

My system is a PS B829 with an Intel Core i5-3570K Processor 3.4GHz, MS Windows 7-64 bit Professional, with 8GB DDR3 RAM, 2TB 7200RPM Hard Drive, 2 NVIDIA GeForce GT 620 Video Cards, 1 USB 2.0 and 2 USB 3.0 front panel ports, and 4 USB 2.0 and 2 USB 3.0 back panel ports. Besides the HP 3055 Printer, there is connected an HP Designjet 110 Plus Printer which works OK.

Anyone have a possible solution.

Last edited:

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Does it work if you use HP's software instead?

Update: Never mind, it isn't supported in 64-bit, only 32

Try the troubleshooting link: HP 3055

Last edited:
Reaction score
I have previously done what HP recommended, connect via USB port, downloaded the updated driver. The printer function works fine but I cannot scan. Going through HP 3055 trouble shoot only gives me the same instructions. Using the Windows Fax & Scan, after preview and hitting scan, the unit sits and times out and sends a blank page to documents with a note that cannot connect to PC. An earlier phone call to HP Support resulted in their recommending I buy a new printer. There seems to be some minor problem with the scan signal since it does send the blank page to the document file.

Reaction score
An earlier phone call to HP Support resulted in their recommending I buy a new printer. There seems to be some minor problem with the scan signal since it does send the blank page to the document file.
Thats HP For You, They Are On Their Way To Sell Out Their Hardware Division Anyways.

but, Just To Make Sure, There Is A Fault With The Scanner, And Not Some Settings Being Corrupt On The OS 64 Bit, Try Connecting Your 3055 To a XP Machine, Or another Windows 7 32 Bit., If It Works Out There, Then You Have Some Compatibility Issue With Your Current OS Version.

Lemme Know.

Regards'

Reaction score
M K Ansari - The printer, fax and scanner works fine on another computer running Win XP. It's just on the Win 7-64 bit using Win Fax 7 Scan that the scanner does not work.

Reaction score
M K Ansari - I do have the printer connected through a USB 3.0 port, not a USB 2.0 port, but I do not think that would cause the problem.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Cheshire, That makes perfect sense 32-bit drivers are usually different than 64-bit drivers so what works in XP (32-bit) rarely works in W7 64-bit.

Reaction score
TrainableMan - As I stated before, the print function works fine on the Win 7-64 bit system. The scan function is supposed to work using Win Fax & Scan. It did work once but never again. It does preview but will not send the scan, saying cannot connect to PC. It then sends a blank page to the document file. If it sends a blank page to the PC, why will it not initiate the scan.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Could you try using a USB 2.0 port and see if it makes a difference

Ask a Question