How to change the windows from 64bit to 32bit??

Reaction score
My OS is windows 7 64bit and now due to slow I need to downgrade it to 32bit without formatting my computer or deleting the files in C:/. Is it possible??

Reaction score
I would suggest moving to Windows xp, I think the only difference of 64 bit and 32 bit is that 64 bit allows you to see more that 3GB of ram where 32bit can just see upto 3GB of ram not allowing you to have more.

What are your system specs?? a more detailed post would be nice.

Also to answer your question, I think you would have to format your C:\ and then install the new OS. so better to backup everything u have on C:\ onto an external drive and then install the new OS

Reaction score
Unfortunately you do need to reformat your computer and perform a clean install. You'll have to back up your files and start over.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
My OS is windows 7 64bit and now due to slow I need to downgrade it to 32bit without formatting my computer or deleting the files in C:/. Is it possible??
Actually 64 bit is a faster system. Compare it to a 4 lane highway versus a 2 lane highway.

Which one will move more traffic?

If you installed Windows 7 64 bit as an "upgrade" install, that may be the issue.

Windows 7 works much better when you do a clean install of it.

Reaction score
Agreed with all three. :D

If they said it. I will say it too.

With the addition that there is more to 64-Bit than larger memory capability.

Ask a Question