How to add Downloads under Libraries

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
The wonderful thing about Libraries is that they are dynamic; they can be changed/personalized by the user. Like many people I download numerous games and programs from the internet (using a trusted source and scanning with a good anti-virus program of course). I want these programs readily available in my Libraries and Microsoft has made that process fairly easy. Here is a very basic tutorial on how to accomplish that.

How to add Downloads under Libraries
This is our goal ...

AddDnld01.jpg

Start by Right-clicking on the Libraries folder and selecting New > Library (or simply highlight Libraries and then hit the New Library button on the bar above).

AddDnld02.jpg

This will create an New Library Folder.

AddDnld03.jpg

Name the Library Downloads. Notice that it is currently empty.

AddDnld04.jpg

Click on Include a Folder and a selection window will open. Highlight the Downloads folder under your userid and hit Include folder.

AddDnld05.jpg

If you do not share files with other users you can stop here.

Next is to add the Shared/Public Downloads folder.

Right-click on the new Downloads Library Folder you created and choose Properties.

AddDnld06.jpg

This brings up the Downloads Properties window and here you select Include a folder which opens the selection window. In the address bar type in C:\Users\Public\Downloads.

AddDnld07.jpg

Hit enter and it should point you to the Public Downloads folder. Hit the Include folder button.

AddDnld08.jpg

Your Downloads Properties should now contain your Personal Downloads folder and the Public Downloads folder.

AddDnld09.jpg

And you should now have Downloads included in Libraries as we had set out to do.

AddDnld10.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Ask a Question