How many hours a day are you at the PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm sure this isn't a fair cross section of society, as there are quite a lot of computer enthusiasts on here ;) ... but how many hours a day do you think you are at the PC?

This past month I've been on the computer more than ever, and it's probably up to around 10 hours a day, maybe even a little more :eek:

Reaction score
I've just recently made an effort to cut down. I spend 5 or 6 hours a day now, down from 10ish!

Reaction score
During the week its probably about 4 hours day, at the weekend you can double it unless we have things planned and we are out for the day.

Reaction score
Too long! 8 hour work day, then 1 - 2 hours at night reading / gaming.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
Only about 8 to 10 hours per day. I'm addicted to computers. I check both of my dual boot laptops every day for updates, check emails every 30 minutes. And after my wife goes to bed (@9:00), I'm online sometimes until 4AM. Just can't get away from it. Do I need help, or is this normal for a 47 year old who is disabled, homebound and has nothing going on in life? What little conversation I do have turns into a computer discussion of some sort, whether it's bashing Linux & IE, or praising Win 7 & Firefox.

draceena

That Crazy Amazon Chick!
Reaction score
Work = 8.5 hours

Home/Play = 2 to 4 hours

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Sorry to see a lot of you folk are apparently without jobs - LOL

Seriously, about 3 to 4 hours a day, but my interests/work, take me to other computers during any day, which probably adds on about another 4 or 5 hours.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
My wife says that as well. But I let it go in one ear and out the other.

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
^ :lol:

Mine is out with her M8s tonight so I'm having a can or two and will be on the Computers until late :D

Reaction score
Depends, there is to many variables to answer that with just one description. Right now I am enrolled in school and take a few online courses. Day's I have to study or work on something, I am on pretty much the whole day aside from work. And with it being winter pretty much here in Pittsburgh, I spend any free time I have after that on the PC playing games, reading news, watching movies and so on.

When the weather is nicer the amount of time I spend on a computer is greatly declined. I still watch movies or play games, but I love the great outdoors. And sure, I have a laptop, but it kind of defeats the whole " going hiking" thing if I lug the PC with me in my backpack.

It also depends on who it is that whats to know, how much time I spend on a computer. Someone say, my grandfathers age who didn't grow up in a digitized age would probably say I spend way to much time on one even if it was only a hour or two.

With computers being able to do so much, and with the endless information on the internet, it would be easy for one to spend a life time on a computer. I like others, I am sure, have been bored out of there minds and stumbled across something on the net, that even though it was retarded and pointless and provided no real interesting information at all, still have looked at are watches or the clock and said " It's 3:30 am, what the hell have I been doing the last 6 hours...?".

I am easily amused. I've googled something and found links to message boards that have no more then 20 members. They just so happen to have a topic of what I googled. I read it, was amused, and sign up just to reply. If they are on and reply quickly, I could spend an hour easily arguing with a user " who is probably 9 or 10 years old" about anything from a video game, a movie, to politics. Well, if I am really bored that is.

So to answer your question, to much time I guess.

Reaction score
I work two jobs, both of which require full-time attention to a PC. I go places on the weekend, and bodybuild 90 minutes a day, otherwise I'm attached to the Internets. I'm happy with the arrangement.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
With computers being able to do so much, and with the endless information on the internet, it would be easy for one to spend a life time on a computer. I like others, I am sure, have been bored out of there minds and stumbled across something on the net, that even though it was retarded and pointless and provided no real interesting information at all, still have looked at are watches or the clock and said " It's 3:30 am, what the hell have I been doing the last 6 hours...?".
I can relate to that! Often I'll end up wanting to know more about a topic and read a wikipedia article on it, then I'll find lots of links on that page I want to know about and open it up in a new tab. This happens a few times on each page, and then I end up reading something totally unrelated to the first topic about 2 hours later :lol:.

Reaction score
In my office I am at the PC for 8 hours whereas at home for gaming I am on my PC for another 1 to 2 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question