SOLVED How do I move all my program's temporary folder/files to a different drive ?

Reaction score
I'm ordering a OCZ Vertex 3 Max IOPS 120 GB SSD from Newegg tomorrow. Once, I get it and reinstall Windows 7, I'd like to move all of Windows 7's and my various program's temporary folder's/file's off of the SSD. How would I go about doing this ? The drive Windows 7 is on now is going to be used for WMC's Recorded TV and Download's. That'll probably be the drive I put the Temp folder's on also.

Reaction score
Thanks for the help once again Clifford. Curious to see hoe fast pc is next week after putting the ssd in.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
I believe you will very pleasantly surprised! :vroam::captain:

Reaction score
No doubt about that one Nibs. I'm ordering the OCZ Vertex 3 Max IOPS 120 GB. in the early morning. I figure if I move the temp folders, it'll make the ssd last longer. Curious, I heard about the Firefox about:config tweak for ssd's. Is there one for Opera ?

Reaction score
Just submitted a support ticket to OCZ to double-check with them on anything in the bios or Windows 7 I have to tweak when I put the ssd in. AHCI is already in action. I upgraded Diskeeper 2011 Professional to Diskeeper 2011 Professional with Hyper Fast. Hyper Fast let's you right click on a drive in Diskeeper and set it as a ssd. I do know after reading a article Ed Bott did on ssd's that I'm not turning off Hybernation, as that disable's my ups's ability to save anything if the power goe's out. Where I live there's alot of spike's, etc. There's supposably a hurricane 150 miles off shore now. However, I've only ever seen one weatger forecaster get it right 95%+ of the time and that was back in the 70's and lived in N.J.

Ask a Question