HELP, STARTUP REPAIR LOOP

Reaction score
I got an error yesterday that forced me to restart my computer and ever since it has been on a Startup Repair loop. Everything I try and do goes back to the Startup Repair page and it doesn't recognise anything. It's also stopped letting me do anything from F8 advanced page so I can't type in any codes.

pleeeeeeeeeease helppppppppppppppppppp!!! I know nothing about computers!!!!!!

It's a Toshiba laptop.

Reaction score
Did you remember what the error says exactly?
Have you tried other startup options like Safe Mode, Safe Mode with Networking, Start System Using Last Known Good Configuration etc.?

For the time being, I'd recommend you to insert Windows 7 installation media and run a system repair to any previous successful running state and see if it helps you.

Alternatively, you can also do a factory restore which will wipes out all your stuff from the hard drive. So be cautious about that.

Hope it helps!!

Reaction score
I tried to restore it to the factory settings by holding down 0 and pressing start BUT now it's stuck on the 'Windows Boot Manager' screen. It says:

"Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. To fix the problem:

1. Insert your Windows installation disc and restart your computer.
2. Choose your language settings, and then click "Next."
3. Click "Repair your computer."

If you do not have this disc, contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance.

File: \boot\memtest.exe
Info: The selected entry could not be loaded because the application is missing or corrupt."

I don't have any installation discs!!! Is there any way I can download it on a separate computer and burn it onto a disc?

Reaction score
You must get it with your computer. If don't, take help from your friends or family members using same version of Windows like 32-bit or 64-bit.
Alternatively, you can download Windows 7 iso image of your choice from here:
http://www.askvg.com/direct-downloa...nd-untouched-windows-7-iso-32-bit-and-64-bit/

Burn the downloaded image to CD DVD or USB and boot Windows using it. Remember, you have to have product keys for activating Windows. Purchase it from Microsoft if you don't have one.

Thanks,
Frank

Ask a Question