help! programs and features...win7

Reaction score
hi!

please guys help me with my simple problem..
recently i opened my programs and features of my pc to check my installed programs, and uninstall some of them as well
and in my surprise...i can't monitor my installed programs...

do you know what happened?...please help...what will i do....

thanks, thanks, thanks

Fire cat

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Frisco!
This happened to me a few months ago, so I think I know what you could do.

This sometimes happens when system files are corrupted, so we need to get those system files back to what they were before the problems. In my case a software corrupted the system files. Did you install or uninstall any software latelly?

Anyway, all you have to do is to do a system restore. A tutorial can be found here:
https://www.w7forums.com/system-restore-t1328.html

Try that and don't forget to scan for malware or viruses beforehand.

Cheers,
Fire Cat

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
Not sure what you mean by monitor your installed programs. No list of installed programs? Do you have administrator rights?

Post back with a screen shot of your Programs and Features Folder.

Fire cat

Established Member
Reaction score
Not sure what you mean by monitor your installed programs. No list of installed programs? Do you have administrator rights?

Post back with a screen shot of your Programs and Features Folder.
I understood that there is no list of installed programs. Though, even without admin rights, you can still see the list of installed programs.

Last edited:
Reaction score
trying to solve...

Untitled.jpg

:confused:-----i can't still see my other installed programs even i already did a system restore...:(
what else can i do....? :dontknow:

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
I believe you have installed a program recently, that, because of a faulty install in that program, has put an entry in the registry that is too long.
If you can manage it, one way would be to uninstall the last recently installed program, using it's own uninstall, which should be in the folder. Perhaps you could work backward with installed programs, until you hit the right one?

restoring will , as you have found, achieve nothing, as it will put back the offending program.

Reaction score
actually i ran an uninstaller for all nero products....and then i reboot....
...after that, i checked my programs and features...

...then i don't see my other programs anymore...

Kalario

Aquarius
Reaction score
type appwiz.cpl in to the start menu search or run box and press enter. let us know if this works

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Oh . Nero again. You should have mentioned that!

Try KaLario's post and, if you still see nothing, which I think will be the result, have a look here
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\WindowsCurrentVersion\Uninstall

If that is empty, then Nero has done a really thorough job.

Reaction score
Oh . Nero again. You should have mentioned that!

Try KaLario's post and, if you still see nothing, which I think will be the result, have a look here
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\WindowsCurrentVersion\Uninstall

If that is empty, then Nero has done a really thorough job.
----it's not empty....but there are few that are listed there....
i hate it....! :eek:
right now i'm planning to reformat my computer.....i can't handle this anymore....

i don't know what to do....:dontknow:

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
frisco27 - I am sorry to see you're gonna have to reformat and reinstall everything.

It can be a real P.I.T.A., I know. You might try as one of your first program installs after all the drivers and windows updates, Revo Installer; it is pretty decent and it's free too. I use Your Uninstaller Pro, a little more comprehensive and really goes after all registry entries too. Plus when you install a program it tracks it and if you do need to uninstall something, it goes a lot smoother.

I used to be one of the biggest fans and advocates of Nero Burning ROM, these times however it has become a huge piece of bloatware and can be a pain in the butt to work with. My two favorite burning apps are ImgBurn and Ashampoo Burning Studio 10 v10.0.1. ImgBurn is a free app and really the best one around for burning or creating ISO images. Ashampoo is feature rich but does not take up a ton of space on the C drive, plus it has a handy CD/DVD label program embedded in it too.

Hope you get all the bugs ironed out and things go better this time around.

Keep us posted on how it goes!

Nibs

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
----it's not empty....but there are few that are listed there....
i hate it....! :eek:
right now i'm planning to reformat my computer.....i can't handle this anymore....

i don't know what to do....:dontknow:
frisco27, welcome to the forum! Do you have your recovery discs or do you have a recovery partition to boot into? That will save you from finding all of your drivers for your system. Sure, the bloatware will be added back, but with Revo Uninstaller (a free app) or CCleaner (they have an uninstaller, too), you can uninstall them. CCleaner is probably the safest of the two, although it doesn't remove all traces of the registry entries. Hopefully, you'll get going again soon, and don't mess with Nero anymore, all that I hear of it anymore is crap. Should you need further help, post back, usually someone's here.

Reaction score
My plan in reformatting my win7---need your advice...

hi Nibiru2012,

i'm not a PRO but with regard to formatting my pc....here's my plan and i need your advice:

-i have a 32-bit Win7 OS
-i have 2 hard disk drives....(100GB & 48GB)
-my current OS is installed in the 100GB hard disk
-i backed-up all my files in the 48GB hard disk
-I BOUGHT A 64-BIT WIN7 OS
-i want to custom install it on my 100GB hard disk
-after installation, i want to restore my files from the 48GB hard disk to my 100GB hard disk with my new OS which is a 32-bit windows 7 OS...
-that's it....

i need your advice.....:eek:

thanks a LOT!

Reaction score
Frisco if you intend to leave the 48GB disk intact, I'd still back up your personal files onto a Flash Drive or something similar just to be on the safe side before you do it.
BTW, Welcome to the forum!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi frisco - Welcome to w7forums

I've not welcomed you before now and wanted to wish you luck. Nibs is the guy the to talk to, he knows his stuff. :)

A quick look at your plan and it seems you are ready to start your install. Once you boot to Windows 7 DVD the install will start. Once you find the option to select which drive you want to install to. There will be advanced options that will allow you to format the drive before installing the new operating system.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
If there is a reason you plan to stay 32bit then disregard this, but ..

You say you bought a 64bit Win7 disc so why are you still planning to install as 32bit? If you can get 64bit drivers for all your hardware and your mobo/processer support 64-bit, then why not disconnect the 48gb drive, fresh install 64 on the 100gb, make sure everything is working, shut down and reconnect the 48gb, boot making sure your bios is set to read the 100gb drive first, and move all your files over from the 48gb. Once everything is working a few days, you can reformat the 48gb drive. Then your system is 64bit.

Ask a Question