Having trouble installing a printer, Read This

Reaction score
For a long time I thought I had a printer that was not compatible with Windows 7 64-Bit. I was even looking at the market for a new printer.

One day the printer installed on a Windows 7 64-Bit network machine. Keep in mind the printer is connected directly to an XP machine. I never really questioned "Why does this printer not work?" because its an HP Laserjet 6P that was built over 15 years ago. I was shocked the day the installation completed.

Once again I was baffled why did the printer setup on one Windows 7 machine and not another Windows 7 machine. This finally lead me to question why the printer does not work.

HP website instructed to setup the printer and if the printer was not listed, click windows update to update the list of printers. Even though I was trying to setup a network printer, I first completed the setup as if the printer was directly connected to the PC. This installs all the drivers needed to the machine that is required for operation. Once the printer has been installed for a direct connection, the wireless printer connection can then be completed. Once the wireless connection has been installed for the printer, the false direct connection can then be deleted.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I'm not sure how many printer can be installed using this technique, it's sure worth a try if you are having issues installing a printer of your own.

Reaction score
I sort of had the same problem. I have 4 pc's with Win7 pro, each has its own printer. I wanted to share all of the printers across the network. All of the printers installed on their own PC's fine, but when I started to do the network install on the other PC's some could not fine the drivers right away. it took reinstalling two or three times before it found the driver the PC liked.

Reaction score
My problem is similar but my windows 7 (64bit) installed on a CCE Laptop will not load the driver for the HP PSC1315.
I have downloaded the correct stuff from HP site so I know it is what I should have.
When I do a search for the problem it tells me that Windows Update is set up to prevent the loading of drivers.
HOW do I change this setting?
The printer has worked for years on both XP and Vista with no worries.
Below is the report given in Portuguese
Dispositivos e Impressoras

Detalhes do editor

Problemas detectados

hppsc 1310 series não possui um driver

Não há um driver instalado para hppsc 1310 series .

Não corrigido

Aplicar uma solução para o problema do driver

Concluído

Instalar um driver para este dispositivo

Não executado

Problema com dispositivos PnP

Existem problemas com alguns dispositivos PnP. O Windows executará outras etapas para melhor solucionar os problemas com esses dispositivos.

Detectado

Possíveis problemas verificados

O Windows Update está configurado para nunca instalar drivers

As atualizações do driver não são instaladas automaticamente quando detectadas pelo Windows Update.

Problema ausente

Problemas detectados

Detalhes de detecção

Não corrigido

Não há um driver instalado para hppsc 1310 series .

Informações sobre o dispositivo

Nome:

hppsc 1310 series

ID:

USBPRINT\HPPSC_1310_SERIES_\8&DA6DC05&0&USB002

Código de erro:

Aplicar uma solução para o problema do driver

Concluído

Siga as instruções na solução para corrigir o problema do driver.

Instalar um driver para este dispositivo

Não executado

O driver de hppsc 1310 series não está instalado. Instale o driver mais recente do dispositivo.

Detectado

Existem problemas com alguns dispositivos PnP. O Windows executará outras etapas para melhor solucionar os problemas com esses dispositivos.

Possíveis problemas verificados

Detalhes de detecção

Problema ausente

As atualizações do driver não são instaladas automaticamente quando detectadas pelo Windows Update.

Detalhes de detecção

Informações sobre coleção

Nome do computador:

USER-PC

Versão do Windows:

Arquitetura:

amd64

Hora:

terça-feira, 19 de agosto de 2014 21:14:47

Detalhes do editor

Solucione problemas com dispositivos e impressoras.

Versão do Pacote:

Fornecedor:

Microsoft Windows

Solucione problemas com dispositivos e impressoras.

Versão do Pacote:

Fornecedor:

Microsoft Corporation

Hardware e Dispositivos

Use dispositivos de hardware e de acesso conectados ao seu computador.

Versão do Pacote:

Fornecedor:

Microsoft Windows

Diagnósticos de Rede do Windows

Detecta problemas na conectividade de rede.

Versão do Pacote:

Fornecedor:

Microsoft Windows

Impressora

Solucionar problemas que impedem a impressão de ser concluída.

Versão do Pacote:

Fornecedor:

Microsoft Windows

Ask a Question