hard disk drive problem

Reaction score
when i start my desktop computer i get message says 'windows detected a hard disk problem' and say back your data.i cancel this and it pop up again and again.
i have Samsung 320GB hard drive.

is there any software to repair to disk?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
First thing I'd do is back up your data! Have you done this already? Be sure to do it before running anything else (including the tool below)!

You can download SeaTools (Seagate owned, but they bought Samsung) by clicking the "downloads tab on this page:

http://www.seagate.com/support/downloads/seatools/

This will run some diagnostics on your drive and give us a bit more information about the problem.

To be honest, with HDD problems like this, it's probable that you'll need to replace your drive as it could be failing. Something like chkdsk is unlikely to fix the problem.

Reaction score
try to download and make a cd of HIREN's boot cd and use HDD reginarator . Just boot your computer with Hirens boot cd and use HDD reginarator in Dos mode. it will fix all your hard drive problems... trust me many times it works.. always use on faulty hard drives in my office and people who bring their faulty systems to me.. you are lucky we are giving you such useful info's for FREEE....

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
The safest practice is to back up the data and replace the drive. And the cost of HDD regenerator is almost the same as a new hard drive with only a 60% chance of success.

Shintaro

Reaction score
If you cannot get all your data off, try http://www.grc.com/sr/spinrite.htm

As far as I know it is the best.

It will cost you $89. But I suppose it will depend how valuable your data is.

But as what is already said, time for a new hard drive.

Hope this helps.

Ask a Question