given option to boot to Home Premium or Home Premium Recovered

Reaction score
Yesterday I began the processing of migrating my C: drive contents to a newer larger SSD. i used Clonezilla to copy to the new hard drive. I thought everything had gone OK but it didn't (of course) :(. The new hard drive was recognized as the C: drive; the old hard drive was recognized, but only in Disc Manager and Windows would not boot unless i booted from the old SSD. Through a process of pretty much trial and error, I am now at the point where both drives are recognized. The new drive is C: and the old drive is now visible in Explorer as drive I. The old drive still has all it's original contents including Windows and needs to be reformatted (it's more than 90% full). The computer is booting from the C: drive as it should. :)

The only quirky thing which is happening now is that when I boot the computer, I'm given a choice of loading Windows Home Premium or Windows Home Premium (Recovered). If I do nothing the computer loads the former after 30 seconds...all is well.

Any idea why the "recovered" option is there, and how do i get rid of it?

Ask a Question