Genie Timeline 2.0: Quality Free Backup For All

Reaction score
Genie Timeline 2.0: Quality Free Backup For All

Timeline 2 pushes the idea of “constant data protection” with real-time monitoring of changes to your data and intelligently scheduled backups of your files. You don’t schedule backups, they just happen in response to the modifications you make. You just run Timeline in the background, and you’re instantly protected. Files are versioned, clustered, and indexed then intelligently purged as needed to save space.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
This looks like a great backup program, if it's what it says it is, it could be one of the best there is, free or paid. This could place a serious dent in backup software sales, as more and more free ones are here. But this one looks really good.

Reaction score
Real time backup solutions are not my style.

However I did think it was a great idea and wanted to share my findings with everyone else. :)

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
I don't backup often myself, but would like to create a fresh one monthly, as I've posted another thread regarding a drive.

Reaction score
It is NOT a freeware.
Did you take the time to read the update notice at the bottom of the link.

"Update (4/12/10):
The initial wave of free licenses is over. I still have several more licenses to give, but no guarantees…"

This was a promotional period over 5 years ago. I'm not seeing where anyone actually referred to it as Freeware.

Ask a Question