Games not running on full screen.

Reaction score
hi people.
i am using dell studio 1737 and windows 7 x64.with latest driver obtained from dell site.cuz i could not find it on intel site.it has intel GMA 4500MHD.
anyhow my problem is,i am using doom3 and on MS compatibility site it says,that it is compatible with windows7 but it does not run in full screen,it always runs in short mode,from vertical angle it runs in full length but in horizantal,it leaves border on both left and right side,almost an inch.
i searched for it lots and found that i must check my intel vga main settings panel to allow it use full screen which i have attached with,the screenshot.it is using full screen mode,but it is not using full screen,
i installed vista on my drive D.and in it,it used full screen resolution.
so whats the problem with windows 7...i need help.
same is the case with NFSMW, NFSC etc.

Attachments

Reaction score
Vista uses WDDM 1.0 video driver and 7 uses 1.1.

Vista incorrectly is stretching the game to be out of ratio to make it appear full screen. This makes a square appear as a rectangle.

If you can't set the game's resolution to be the same aspect ratio as your screen in the game itself, then you're out of luck. In the game, you have to be able to set a compatible aspect ratio or in some games, you set the resolution and then there's also a spearate setting for the aspect ratio.

Like I said, if the game can't do it, it's the game's issue and not Windows 7 or your driver.

Reaction score
You should be able to set a setting to do so, Nvidia gives you the chance to use it's scaling system or the monitors. But you should run the game in widescreen (Im assuming your having this problem because you have a widescreen computer/laptop but are trying to play games on standard resolutions. Monitors work better on it's native resolution! Or something that is widescreen. =)

Ask a Question