SOLVED Font slot is greyed out when I Reply to a email message on windows live

Reaction score
When I receive a email with a picture attached and go to Reply to the email I find the Font slot is all greyed out plus a few other options on the ribbon. The tech I contacted can't solve the problem!

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Are you using WLM software which actually gets installed on your machine or are you referring to Windows Internet-based Live mail which you access via a browser (hotmail.com, live.com, outlook.com, etc)?

Could you attach a screenshot please?

Reaction score
Thank you for replying to my question. I finally figured out what the problem was. I am using Windows Live which was installed to my computer when I changed over from XP to 7.

The problem was the email I received had pictures attached and it was sent Rich Text. When I went to Reply the font slot was grayed out plus a few more slots were also grayed out. I thought the problem may have been since the email was sent by Rich Text then I would have to click on Rich Text on the ribbon which I did and the font slot showed up along with all the options on the ribbon. To be sure this problem would not occur again I went into Options and clicked on Mail, then checked the box that had " send as type of text email was received", so in the future if I get a email Rich or Plain text then I won't have that problem. Didn't have this in Outlook Express with XP!!!

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Always a learning curve whenever software changes. Sounds like you are well on your way and I'm glad you got it worked out. Thank you for returning with your solution; it may help the next person.

Ask a Question