Folding in catilley1092's honor

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
Does anyone know what happened to Cat or have heard from him? Did he just disappear?
No, no and yes.

What I know:

He loved w7 and this forum.
He loved operating systems and would try cramming as many as he could on a hard drive.
He was beginning to enjoy folding very much since he bought a laptop with an I-7 cpu and a dedicated graphics chip.
His health was declining quickly.

What I assume:

He has become too incapacitated to use a computer any longer or worse.

With w8 out now, I figure he'd be all over it in this forum and the w8 forum if he was able to.

We folders, after sitting around and watching our computers and listening to them hum, tend to want to fold for a cause now and then to break up the monotony. Because he was someone who's heart was into folding, this was my cause and some good people joined me. I hope I didn't offend anybody but I f I did, I'm sorry. A smart guy told me the only ones that may be offended are the ones that cat would pass in points. Well cat has passed 2 team members and I can state with 100% assurance that neither one is offended. But enough of that.

As I stated in another post, If you can see any of this cat, Cheers!!:beer: And we're gonna find a cure for that sob.

Last edited:

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
I was not offended and was just curious is all.

He and I hit it off right away after I joined this forum and I helped him with his initial Windows 7 installs and such.

He is/was definitely opinionated that's for sure and sometimes a little frustrating with his OCD about security matters. I mean wiping a hard drive with the Guttman protocol was and is rather excessive IMHO! LOL!

I do miss him though.

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
And remember the Bios flashing episode?:D

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
And remember the Bios flashing episode?:D
AAAaaarrrggghhhh! Gawd, do I remember that! Let's see, was it 6 - 8 times that he flashed his BIOS with the same edition firmware update?? :eek:

I believe that's when I was considering nominating him for "Goober Of The Year" award! BUT... a lovable goober! LOL!

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
I was also quite mystified by his abrupt disappearance. At the time he moved on to another forum, to which many of us also belong. However, for hi own personal reasons, he did not respond to attempts to contact him and eventually moved away from there also.
He does post elsewhere, though. That is, it appears to fit his profile. He posted as recently as 2 days ago. I have made no attempt to contact him there, as he may feel he is being hounded.

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
Interesting Dave,

Today is the end of the cat fold-a-thon and I will be pulling my clients as I see fit. I think points may trickle in for a day or two but I'm anxious to get back to "normal" folding. We'll tally up the results later.

So thanks to all that have contributed. :adore::adore::adore::adore::adore::party:

Ask a Question