Flash Drive F:\ Application Not Found error

Reaction score
I have a 16GB flash drive barely a month old that has about 6GB of VERY IMPORTANT data on it but now every time I plug it in and try to access it I get the following error "F:\ Application Not Found"

I cannot afford to lose all my data on the flash drive as I have NO other back-up of the files!!! so I definitely need help on getting this fixed!!

Reaction score
Hello Moltres and sorry for replying lately. Here is the solution:

Go to control panel> find Folder options and double click on it> Click on 'View' tab and check 'View hidden files and folders'.
Again, go back to 'My Computer' and explore the drive stating the above error. Find file named 'autorun.inf' and delete it. Then disconnect the drive and reconnect it.
If 'autorun.inf' file weren't present there, go to command prompt and type 'attrib -s -r -h F:\autorun.inf' , press enter and then write again 'del F:\autorun.in' and press enter. Unplug the drive and plug it back.

Your issue might be fixed now. Post back your results.

Regards,
Oliver

Ask a Question